Ministry is hard. I’ve had my share of failures and successes in ministry. I’ve had periods in my life when I wanted to leave ministry.
Maybe you know that feeling too, when:
- it seems like everything you take in spiritually is used to try to feed your congregation spiritually. There is nothing left for your own soul.
- you find yourself doing everything in the church
- you are so worn out because people’s needs drain you
- you spend so much time with others that your family suffers.
- you rarely eat at home
- you have extended periods of mood swings
- you have no one to confide in.
- you have run out of ideas.
Or maybe you need help working through a ministry project. Or a difficult situation in your church. Or maybe you just need someone to listen when you need to vent.
Listen, everyone needs a coach. Including pastors. Especially pastors.
I have been on staff in mega-churches and small churches. Church plants and church restarts. Traditional churches and contemporary missional churches. I have transitioned churches and have been blown up by them!
I can help.
I have served as a pastoral coach with Life Counseling Center in Easton, MD. I am an expert coach/adviser for George Fox Seminary’s Doctor of Ministry program where I help students produce dissertations in spiritual formation, technology, theology, missional ministry, and publishing.
I currently coach people in the following areas:
- Missional ministry
- Transitioning churches
- Church planting and the church planter assessment process
- Conflict management
- Personal life coaching
- Spiritual formation
- Doctoral dissertation writing
I will even allow you to Rent My Brain.
What’s that? We can spend time on a regular basis coming up with sermon ideas, ministry ideas. If you need ideas, I can work with you to generate them. In fact, this is one of my specialties!
If you are interested in pastoral coaching, please contact me. I look forward to working with you!